[jdom-interest] transmit xml over https

Ladhani, Dilip dladhani at gltg.com
Fri Apr 26 09:47:19 PDT 2002

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, however the question is xml related and was wondering if I can use jdom for this or if any of you have encountered this situation before.

I want to transmit a reques over https, I am using jsse from sun to do this. One of the parameters in this request is an xml string. Now when I encode the url, using urlencoder it encodes the xml string too. It encodes the "<", ">" characters too. I don't want this to happen, however I want to encode the rest of the url including the data contained in the xml tags.

I can always write my own algorithm to do this, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this.

Thanks