[jdom-interest] Internal DTD subset verification

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Apr 29 14:50:38 PDT 2002

I'm bothered by the failure to check the internal DTD subset for
well-formedness. I'd like to add a checkInternalDTDSubset() method to
the Verifier class. Initially this could call checkCharacterData() to
make sure the internal subset doesn't contain any illegal characters
like null or vertical tab. Longer term, however, we could add methods to
actually verify tht it's a well-formed collection of declarations. We
could probably piggy-back off of work done elsewhere for reading these
things such as Mark Wutka's DTDParser
<http://www.wutka.com/dtdparser.html> or the equivalent code in Xerces
or Crimson.

Thoughts? Is this worth doing?

|           The XML Bible, 2nd Edition (IDG Books, 2001)             |
|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:   http://www.cafeaulait.org/     |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News:  http://www.cafeconleche.org/   |