[jdom-interest] XML JSP dynamic HTML attributes solution?

Jason Long jason at supernovasoftware.com
Tue Apr 30 10:39:18 PDT 2002

Sorry about the typo I meant the following:

  <param name="Filename" value="<%=pathDWF%>" />

I have found a few solutions.

1. &lt;param name="Filename" value="<%=pathDWF%>" /&gt;
2. Modify Jasper to add the request time parameters.

I believe that the current spec for JSP is flawed by no allowing request
time parameters on all tags.
Some tags will allow the %=expression% syntax according to the spec, but
only certain ones.  Action tags
if I remember correctly.  I was thinking of making a custom tag that would
add the dynamic attribute base on
internal tags.  I do not want to have to do this.  I do not like either of
the hacks I found.  If anyone has dealt
with this please let me know.

Best Regards,

Jason Long - CEO and Chief Softare Engineer
Supernova Software - supernovasoftware.com
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering