[jdom-interest] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassesDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

Michael Kraut m.krauti at web.de
Fri Aug 9 05:16:37 PDT 2002

Hello together,

I just start to program with java and I have some problems to install the packages of jdom correctly.

I tried before:
1) I put the jdom.jar file in the path: C:\j2sdk1.4.1\jre\lib\ext
	After that my compiler (javac) knows the package of org.jdom. etc.
	But when I start my program with the interpreter I got the message:

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassesDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

	I received the message for the following code: 	Element root = new Element ("test");
	I received no Error for this code:			Element root;

2) I tried to start the build.bat file, but I got the same message:

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassesDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/Main

Now I ran out of ideas, what I could do to solve the problem and I#m glad for any help :))

regards Michael Kraut