[jdom-interest] How do you create an element from a string

kyle koss kkoss at xperient.net
Thu Aug 22 07:32:13 PDT 2002

I have just recently downloaded and installed JDOM and am still new to
it.

My problem is I have a string that I would like to turn into an element
to then add to my XML document. The string is a child element converted
to a string. Is there any way to do this?

I tried using the SAXBuilder and StringReader to create a new document,
but it caused errors, I believe, because of the quotes around the
attribute values in the string. But it wouldn't work.

Please help.

Kyle