[jdom-interest] JavaOne presentations (flame)

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Mon Feb 11 14:35:59 PST 2002

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Not for nothing, but I thought I was the only one who felt like that.  I had
personally wasted alot of time, energy, and money @ these types of conferences (where
it seemed like the talker was very restricted and seemed smart but made no sense) and
yet when all is said and done I actually learn more from free seminars/slides from
people like Elliotte and such.  Someone should tell Sun that when they try to be a
little "too controlling" they end up being like some other company we know.  Now
quite honestly I can understand that some guidelines when applied to open source are
needed to avoid all out chaos but when you have done so much for the community
already and ur name is Jason Hunter with a few best selling books out, why even
question the slides to begin with?

- Jon