AW: [jdom-interest] Using JDOM to manipulate HTML

Börries Ludwig Boerries.Ludwig at t-systems.com
Wed Feb 13 00:26:53 PST 2002

Hi Eric,

I do the same thing. The biggest disadvantage of Struts is, that a page cannot be edited in an ordinary HTML-editor. The disadvantage of using XML/JDOM is, that I have to correct the tags, produced from the HTML-editor, to correct XML-syntax and that I couldn't use some html-elements (&#160 instead of  ).

What I still miss is a library wich makes the manipulation of a HTML/JDOM-representation more easily. It took me some time to get an Element of a table by ID, get the parent of the ID, dublicate the Element with my model, and delete the original element. To add complete HTML-fragments to JDOM was to implement, too.

I used pure Xerces at the beginning, but JDOM made the manipulation of elements much easier.

Hope we can share our experiences.

Viele Gruesse

   Boerries Ludwig

dr at yourhost.com