[jdom-interest] Underlying JDOM Parser

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Wed Feb 13 10:18:02 PST 2002

> I am testing JDOM b7 with xerces2. I don't know if there are any issues with
> using xerces2 and  b7 ?

I tested that last week and found the SAX features nicely reliable, but
there were a few issues with DOM input and output.  In the current TODO
you'll see the bugs I filed.

> But mainly, how do I tell which underlying parser JDOM is using? I am using
> a SaxBuilder.

Good question.  You can tell JDOM which parser to use.  If you don't, it
tries to use JAXP, and if JAXP fails it tries Xerces.  But as far as
which version was found, since it depends on what's in your classpath,
you could be in the dark.  I don't know if parsers expose that
information.  On a quick look I don't see it.