[jdom-interest] Schema Validation and Windows 98

John Muhlestein jmuhlestein at i-link.net
Wed Feb 27 13:28:39 PST 2002

I have bumped into a problem attempting to do validation against a schema.

When I parse my documet using SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder(true) I
get an exception stating that my root element must be declared.

Here is where it gets funny.  On both Linux and Windows NT the xml document
parses without any problems.  When I execute the same program (via ant) on
Windows 98 I get the exception.

 -- My schema definition is sitting on one of our intranet servers so the
uri reference is valid.
 -- The document parsed just fine against a DTD sitting on the same intranet
server.
 -- The schema definition parsed without errors (well formed)

I'm stumped,
Has anyone else run into problems on Win98

The only other differences besides OS is there are different JVM's on each
machine (IBM, whatever comes w/ JBuilder4, and SUN) though all are version
1.3.1

I am including a copy of the xml and xsd (Just made up content for a class
I'm teaching at my work).

Thanks in advance,

John

 <<olympicsxsd.xml>>    <<olympics.xsd>>