[jdom-interest] Attribute name verification special casing for xml:base

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Jun 17 09:53:00 PDT 2002

At 11:20 AM -0500 6/17/02, Bradley S. Huffman wrote:

>Hmmm, this is a bug. If the doc is built with SAXHandler the above code
>works (if qname != local name, SAXHandler parses the qname), if built
>by hand it may or may not work depending on which constructor is used.

Oooh, yuck. More ugliness. I hadn't even thought of how SAXHandler
(and DOMBuilder, and SAXOPutputter, and DOMOutputter) might be
working with these attributes. If we continue with the special
casing, these classes probably have to be modified as well.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that special casing
these three attributes is the wrong way to go. It's just too messy,
and it's not clear that it makes life any easier for the client
programmer in the end.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |