[jdom-interest] jdom and dom4j

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Tue Jun 18 10:15:52 PDT 2002

> JDom is might be easy to learn and use for a novice, anyone that want's to
> use XML proffesional and have maybe a little bit more the the most trivial
> knowledge about how XML works won't agree with that JDOM is "curved with
> power tools". Or it might be that it is since all power tool is made up
with
> small rather basic parts but a proffesional developer don't want to put
> these small features togheter every time just because there is a
reluctance
> to put them in the API.

Don't assume that your use of XML and Java is the same as others' use of XML
and Java, or that the features you want to add to the API are the same as
the features that other people want to add to the API. We've been using JDOM
for quite a while are are quite happy with it.

> >    a) it was easy to learn
>
> And does this realy mather after two years of usage?

It does when someone new joins the team, or you have to work with another
team that now has to understand the code, etc.

Alex