[jdom-interest] jdom and dom4j

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Tue Jun 18 21:10:14 PDT 2002

Not really ...

I too have respects for all work and programmers on Java/XML but what
irks me alot (happens on other lists as well) is that you have all the
initial designers subscribed to *all* the lists and when someone asks a
completely legitimate question in terms of how to accomplish something
with Program A, the Program B author pops right on stating that "Well
you can do it with Program B so easy", so Id like to tend to think that
some people are only subscribed for these little marketing plugs rather
than trying to help the program @ hand.

If the codebase is entirely different and it has become two real
different products then why hang around to throw darts @ something u
don't like working with?  I feel open source has become this big
religion-converting like arena for no reason ... it's happened to my
work as well ... and tends to lead to massive confusion eventually ...

- Jon