[jdom-interest] testing for existance of xml file

Paul Phillips paul at partitura.com
Tue Jun 25 08:15:46 PDT 2002

I'm sure this is an easy question.  However, I am feeling my way in jdom,
so pointers are appreciated!

In code like this...

try {
		SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
		Document aDocument = builder.build(new
File("/usr/local/tomcat/myfile2.xml"));
		Element rootElement = aDocument.getRootElement();
		Element childElement = rootElement.getChild("childElement");
		result = childElement.getText();
	} catch(JDOMException e) {

	} catch(NullPointerException e) {

	}

What is the best way to test for the existance of myfile2.xml.  If it
doesn't exist, I want to create it.  should I test to see if aDocument is
null?

Thanks
Paul Phillips