[jdom-interest] way to not print namespaces?

T.B. Pogie pogietb at netscape.net
Wed Jun 26 05:23:25 PDT 2002

I've been struggling with that problem for some time now but still have no solution. To not read in the namespace at all I extended the Element and DefaultFactoryBuilder classes and changed all Element constructors to only pass one arguement - name. That works fine and the document's elements do not have namespaces but as soon as I use XMLOutputter to write the document the original namespaces somehow reappear (maybe from NamespaceStack??). As you said there are too many private methods to allow you to effectively extend XMLOutputter. If anyone has suggestions I'll be *very* interested.
TB Pogie