[jdom-interest] XPath class

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Thu Mar 14 01:28:28 PST 2002

> I like the suggestion of having a separate class in a org.jdom.xpath
> package. It may however be better to define an xpath interface or abstract
> class and put implementation specific classes in specific packages, like
> org.jdom.xpath.jaxen for Laurent's code. Jaxen itself does it this way to
> interface to dom and jdom.

I've been wondering about this.  It would be also possible (if we care
to provide different XPath impls) to follow the JAXP model where the
XPath class delegates construction to an implementation specified by a
system property.  The JAXP way is nice since it lets you change impls
without recompiling.