[jdom-interest] Re: [Fwd: JDOM ?]

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Thu Mar 14 21:20:30 PST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jason Hunter wrote:

> I suspect the time to build a parser only matters if you're doing many
> super-small documents.  That's probably going to be common with SOAP and
> such, so this is something to watch.

I might argue differently.  In my current project[0], I'm using small, medium
and fairly large documents.  The trick is, at any given point in time, there's
probably a many document in-flight between a few dozen computers.  I think
that there's an argument that in many 'enterprise' grade applications, a
significant number of documents, regardless of average size, are being
processed.

> Kim, perhaps you want to run some tests on how long it takes to setup
> parsers.  Just use a no-op content handler.

I'd be interested in knowing this also.  I think something like Aelfred
probably sets up a lot quicker than, say, Xerces.

	-bob

[0] large-scale computational clusters (no, *not* grids).