[jdom-interest] Re: [Fwd: JDOM ?]

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Fri Mar 15 10:35:50 PST 2002

I like Joe's idea, leave it up to the user to decide the policy. I can
certainly imagine a parser that takes a long time to set up.

I think that if the spec says that they're supposed to be reusable, we
should allow people to easily reuse them, if they choose. If current ones
are in fact always reusable, then everything's good. If they aren't reusable
after an exception, then the user can throw away the SAXBuilder after an
exception. Either way, it's not our fault. It would be our fault if a parser
were reusable and we didn't let the user (easily) reuse it.

Alex

t.com