[jdom-interest] Next JDOM evolution

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Fri Mar 29 21:58:02 PST 2002

Phil's comments illustrate exactly why I made the remark quoted. If JDOM
is going to continue to be promoted for use in real products I think the
development team owes it to their users to (1) keep the API stable,
possibly adding methods but not breaking code in new releases, and (2)
support and provide fixes to the released version rather than just the
then-current CVS version.

Otherwise, I feel JDOM should come with the same sort of disclaimer as
the Sun Early Access releases of other JSRs - evaluation only,
everything subject to change, not for use in production products, etc.
As it is right now JDOM sometimes appears to be claiming the stature of
a standard without accepting the responsibility that goes along with it.

  - Dennis