[jdom-interest] Delete Element.setChildren()

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed May 1 09:27:37 PDT 2002

I suggest removing the setChildren() method from the Element class
(after deprecation for a release cycle). It works exactly like
setContent() except that the list passed as its argument can only
contain Element objects. I believe we do need a method to get just child
elements. However, I don't see why we need a method that can only set
child elements. If someone passes in a list that conains ten child
elements and one comment, that's legal.

Element is the largest class in the org.jdom package, and any
simplification we can perform on it would be helpful.

|           The XML Bible, 2nd Edition (IDG Books, 2001)             |
|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:   http://www.cafeaulait.org/     |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News:  http://www.cafeconleche.org/   |