[jdom-interest] Missing removeContent() methods

Bradley S. Huffman hip at a.cs.okstate.edu
Thu May 2 14:29:49 PDT 2002

Alex Rosen writes:

> I don't see removeChildren(List). There is a removeChildren(), though I
> can't think of a reason that anyone would want to remove all child Elements
> but keep all other content. Maybe this is ripe for removal? If someone
> really wanted to do that they could just do it manually in a few lines of
> code.

Yep and removeChildren(name,namespace) removes only one level down. I think
the more common case would be to remove all matching elements below the
context element. To me this one and getChild* are ripe for removal.

> Hey, didn't we used to have a hasContent(), for efficiency?

At one time it was need, but now since ContentList is always created it's
not.

> I see hasChildren(), but not hasContent().

hasChildren is ripe for removal IMHO :)

Brad