[jdom-interest] Extracting ProcessingInstructions

DELAJARTE François francois.delajarte at infotel.com
Fri May 3 04:50:57 PDT 2002

Hi!
I'm new to JDOM and i use beta 8.
My problem is that i would like to extract the first line of my XML document (<? xml etc... ?>).
So i use the getContent() method on my JDOM Document but i just get one element representing the root element and nothing more...
Here is my piece of code :

		java.util.List list = theDoc.getContent();
		java.util.ListIterator iter = list.listIterator();
		while (iter.hasNext())
		{
			Object obj = iter.next();
			if (obj instanceof org.jdom.ProcessingInstruction)
			{
				// do things...
				break;
I tried to put comments and i could extract them. It's just like if the parsing operation delete the only line i would like to have ... so frustrating...

Hope one could help because i read Jason's response on nearly the same question but... it doesn't work for me.

Francois