[jdom-interest] JDOM taking too much time to convert xml string to Document object

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Sun May 12 13:38:06 PDT 2002

- It's unlikely that JDOM is causing the slowdown. JDOM is not a parser,
it's using Xerces to do the XML parsing. JDOM is just building a tree from
the results that Xerces passes in. You might try just using Xerces to parse
the file into a DOM tree and see if you see the same behavior.

- Not knowing anything about your DTD or XML, the first thing that comes to
my mind when such a dramatic slowdown occurs is that maybe it's now
retrieving some data from another machine. E.g. if something in your DTD is
now referencing an entity on a remote server, or something along those lines

Alex

uraddr at yourhost.com