[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder.setExpandEntities

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Thu May 16 14:33:58 PDT 2002

> Jason, you're our resident servlet guru. Can we now consider getting
> rid of the XMLOutputter(Writer, ...) methods, or is there something
> I'm forgetting?

Servlets have had a res.getOutputStream() method since the beginning, in
fact before there was a res.getWriter(), but the use case in principally
JSP where you only have access to a Writer.  A secondary use case is a
servlet called within a RequestDispatcher include() where if the calling
servlet used a Writer then you're stuck using a Writer.