[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter patch: character escaping

Ernst de Haan znerd at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 21 06:08:12 PDT 2002

Hi,

Hereby a modified version of XMLOutputter (based on b8) that supports
character escaping. What it will do is convert characters that are not
supported by the target encoding to &#xNN; where NN is the hex value of the
Unicode character. The package-private class CharEscaper allows for
extension.

See if it can be used. We found that we really need this if we want things
like a copyright symbol to be outputted correctly in the ISO-8859-1 charset.

I assume you can use this .tar.gz in combination with cvs diff to create the
necessary patches in case you are interested in committed (part of) this
stuff.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ