[jdom-interest] Using JDOM to delete child elements

Andres March Andres at ehealthcontracts.com
Wed May 22 13:57:45 PDT 2002

Here are the two ways IMHO I would recommend doing it:

- Use Jaxen and XPATH to locate the node and delete it
	effectively you would select nodes that match event[meetingName='foo'] and remove them from their parent
- Use straight java and write a recursive method that iterates through the meetingName elements of the document.  If it matches the value you care about, select its parent (an event).  Then get its grandparent (a month) and remove the event from it.

-Andres