[jdom-interest] Why don't Comment, Element, Text, etc extend common jdom object?

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon May 27 17:30:49 PDT 2002

>Can anyone think of a way for either detach() or Iterator::remove() to be
>legal?

DOM tree walkers and node iterators have no problem with this use
pattern. However, they don't use the collections API. Off the top of
my head, I can't see how to make this work without ditching the
Collections API and rolling our own; but then I don't really know a
lot about the Collectios API so maybe it's possible.

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |