[jdom-interest] Why don't Comment, Element, Text, etc extend common jdom object?

Gordon Tyler gordon.tyler at sitraka.com
Tue May 28 11:32:53 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "bob mcwhirter" <bob at werken.com>

> But, I'm just analyzing the traffic on this list regarding FAQs, and
wondering
> how many are because folks don't read documentation, and how many are
because
> the software itself is sometimes counter-intuitive.
>
> Lazy user:  xpath/selectElementsByTagName

Not sure what you mean here. I probably wasn't present for this particular
thread.

> Wacky XML standards: Namespaces

Definitely. One thing that I've found very annoying but to a certain degree
understandable, is that I have to specify the namespace for EVERY
Element/Attribute/whatever creation. I wish there was some shortcut that
would allow me to set the namespace once for the document and then create
content without specifying that they are in the same namespace. Laziness is
a virtue after all ;)

Ciao,
Gordon