[jdom-interest] how to find a node with maxest attribute in xml file use xpath?

Philip Nelson panmanphil at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 06:28:17 PST 2002

Correct.  (from memory) There is some example code, possibly in jdom-contrib,
possibly in the list archives showing how to use the Comparable interface to
sort.  So given that you can get a List of elements, you can use the standard
java techniques to sort a List with a Comparable.

The orgiginal question was on how to use XPath though.  Not being an xpath
wizard, is there an xpath Max function?  If so then it seems like a fairly
simple jaxen call to find the max id.