[jdom-interest] XPath and JDOM

Malachi de AElfweald malachi at tremerechantry.com
Tue Nov 19 19:50:14 PST 2002

Perhaps something like this?

public static Element getSpecificChild(Element parentNode, String elemName,
String attrName, String attrVal)
{
	List children = parentNode.getChildren(elemName);
	if( (children == null) || (children.size() == 0) )
		return null;

	Iterator iter = children.iterator();
	while(iter.hasNext())
	{
		Element elem = (Element)iter.next();
		String value = elem.getAttributeValue(attrName);
		if( (value != null) && value.equals(attrValue) )
			return elem;
	}

	return null;
}

then, just call something like:
	Element correctChild = getSpecificChild(someNode, "entry", "id", "5");

Mal