[jdom-interest] OutOfMemoryError

Joerg Erdmenger joe at woerd.com
Tue Nov 26 02:48:07 PST 2002

Hi,
thanks for that.

> By any chance JRE 1.4.1?  1.4.0 might be better for this purpose (see
> bugparade on java.sun.com).  Otherwise the CVS version of JDOM is
> supposed to have some fixes for the new StringBuffer behaviour.
Yeah, I'm using Sun 1.4.1_01 on Linux.
Is anything know about when the next release will appear? (Jason says in the
JDOM arrticle in the oracle magazine that beta9 is imminent; I guess that
would contain those fixes)

> Personally, I use JDOM for lots of small files, as this is easy to
> process, but big files are probably better handled using pure SAX or
> dom4j.
I've tried dom4j and that works. But I would like to stay with one high level
XML API :-(

Joerg