[jdom-interest] how to specify encoding when using JDOMSource and TraX

Frank Sauer Frank.Sauer at trcinc.com
Mon Oct 7 14:45:47 PDT 2002

When running the following code:

	StreamSource s = getXSL();
	Transformer transformer = null;
	synchronized(TFactory) {
		transformer = TFactory.newTransformer(s);
	}
	Document doc = new Document();
	doc.setRootElement(dataXML);
	JDOMResult result = new JDOMResult();
	JDOMSource source = new JDOMSource(doc);
	transformer.transform(source, result);

Note that dataXML is a JDOM Element obtained from database data.
It was never read from an XML file.

I occasionaly get the error:

'bad continuation of multi-byte UTF-8 sequence (character code: 0x63)'

when using Saxon 6.5.1 and a JDOMSource.

My question is: where do I specify that the input xml is iso-8859-1
and not utf-8 (even though I think it is, I'm just trying to make this
error go away...)

Thanks,

Frank