[jdom-interest] java.lang.IllegalStateException

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Tue Oct 15 00:50:16 PDT 2002

Malachi de AElfweald wrote:
> That's a question for you....
>
> I thought XML transformations did not require XML-output.... IE: I could
> use XSL to convert my XML into comma-delimited file if I wanted to....  but
> that isn't very easy to do with our stuff, is it?

With the patched version of JDOMResult, you'll get a list containing a single
Text node holding the whole output text. I don't know whether this is good or
bad but at least you will now get what the XSL transformation outputs instead
of the empty Document or JDOMException you get today when the output is not a
well-formed XML document.

Laurent