[jdom-interest] JDOM & eclipse, some feedback

Bill Woodward wpwood at saifa.net
Fri Apr 4 11:31:51 PST 2003

Jason Hunter said:

> Eclipse likes explicit imports of every class.  We have that in several
> classes, but I think it's a waste of typing.  If Eclipse can create the
> minimal set of wildcard imports, that'd be a nice diff.

Actually, eclipse (well, at least 2.1, which I'm using) is quite happy to
deal with wildcarded import statements.  It *will* automatically create a
single class specific import statement for you if the class is in your
CLASSPATH and it's not in one of the already imported classes, but I
believe that's the only case.

What it does do is to warn you if you've imported a package, but haven't
used any of the classes in that package.  I like it.  Helps to keep the
code cleaner.  IMHO, of course.

- Bill

     /   Bill Woodward (wpwood at saifa.net)   \
     \        http://www.saifa.net          /