[jdom-interest] Automatic Character Escaping

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Apr 5 05:21:51 PST 2003

At 6:15 PM -0500 4/1/03, Balunas, Jay wrote:
>				I understand what you are saying, but
>the   is a special instance where the literal character is just
>a " ".  I need the   to remain so that when it is transformed
>into HTML the   is used.

You may think you need that, but you don't. HTML will work just fine
if you include the literal non-breaking space character in the output
in the proper encoding.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |