[jdom-interest] Toward beta 9

Vadim.Strizhevsky at morganstanley.com Vadim.Strizhevsky at morganstanley.com
Wed Apr 9 07:25:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

I raised this issue recently about Verifier, but I don't think anyone
responded. Currently Virifier runs both when you building the message "by
hand" and when it comes from SAX parser. Howerver when it comes from SAX
parser it is really unecessary, as it is XML parser responsibility to
verify character set. All valid XML parsers including Xerces and Crimson
do this. So Verifier is just doing the same work again and in a less
efficient way and adds significant overhead. Is it possible that JDOM can
do something so that Verifier is not used when message is constructed from
XML parser?

Thanks,
-Vadim