[jdom-interest] why can't the Text be added to a List?

Eugene Wong 01900466r at polyu.edu.hk
Tue Apr 8 10:08:52 PDT 2003

Hi,

I got a problem when using trying to manipulate the content of an Element node. I tried to insert some new text into certain position in the list of content owned by an element object, called e. That's what I want to, as shown below.

List children = e.getMixedContent();
children.add(0, new Text("haha");

Then what I get is an IllegalAddException. It seems that I cannot insert a Text object into the List.

How can I solve this problem, and how can I add text content into the List?

Thanks

Regards,
Eugene