[jdom-interest] Toward beta 9

Philip Nelson panmanphil at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 10:14:51 PDT 2003

--- Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> At 7:54 AM -0700 4/12/03, Philip Nelson wrote:
>
> >This will have to wait.  Brad, I think what you ran across is a problem with
> >serializing inner classes.  Basically, it doesn't work and Sun strongly
> >recommends not doing it.  So, options might be
> >- make the subclasses visible (yuck)
>
> You don't have to go that far. You can make them non-public classes
> in the org.jdom.input package instead of inner classes. That
> effectively hides them.

Yup, I am a little rusty on my java here.  I was thinking that the class names
I chose weren't visible as class files but of course they already are, so
moving them up to real package protected classes wouldn't be any worse.

I'll continue with some of the other jdom nodes and see what else I run into.