[jdom-interest] traversing the JDOM tree

Dave Bartmess dingodave at edingo.net
Tue Apr 15 14:35:44 PDT 2003

try putting this in your class:

public java.util.ArrayList recurseFind(Element newElem, String name) {
	java.util.ArrayList newList = newElem.getChildren(name);
	java.util.ArrayList childList = new ArrayList();

	java.util.Iterator iter = newList.iterator();
	while (iter.hasNext()) {
		childList.addAll(recurseFind(iter.next());
	}
	newList.addAll(childList);

	return newList;
}

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 10:58, Vivek Kapadekar wrote:
> hi
> I am using JDOM for the first time. It looks really cool, but one
> functionality that I am looking for which is missing in it. And that is
> for traversing the JDOM tree.
> The getChild and getChildren gets only the elements one level deep. What
> If i want to recursively find and Element or check existence of an
> element, like getElementByName() or findElement().
>
> Thanks
>
> --Vivek

David A. Bartmess
Sr. Software Configuration Manager
eDingo Enterprises
http://edingo.net

But one should not forget that money can buy a bed but not sleep,
finery but not beauty, a house but not a home,
medicine but not health, luxuries but not culture,
sex but not love, and amusements but not happiness.