[jdom-interest] JDOM Beta 9 RC 2

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Wed Apr 23 08:57:08 PDT 2003

> The 1.4 compiler (javac) targets the 1.2 jvm by default.  The
> following is from the 1.4.2 JDK:

I don't believe them.  Applets I've compiled with JDK 1.4 won't run on
the MSJVM in IE5 but when I recompiled using JDK 1.2 they will run.  As
a test I compiled the applet using JDK 1.4 and the various -target
options and did a hex compare and the only difference is a byte or two
in the header but nothing in the body of the class file.  Comparing
-target 1.2 to a real JDK 1.2 build showed big differences, although in
hex it's hard to know what.  It was enough to be the diff between the
MSJVM working and not working though.