[jdom-interest] Testing SAX Parsers

Kevin Baynes kbaynes at seagullsw.com
Fri Apr 25 16:52:06 PDT 2003

I'm using Crimson and JDOM and have been for quite some time. I believe that
is the default parser? ... Selected though JAXP?

I use XML for all my data persistence, so my app does loads of parsing.
Reading the HPROF outputs for my application shows me that the vast majority
of memory allocations and CPU cycles are taking place in the parser. I've
been testing with Xerces-J and Crimson so far.

Can anyone give me any URLs/directions/opinions on which parser(s) work most
efficiently with JDOM?

I'm testing now to determine which parser I should use. In my own testing,
I'm specifying different parsers using the SAXBuilder constructor, not the
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory System property. Is there a preferred
method?

Is there a list of JDOM-compatible parsers and the proper classes to pass
into the SAXBuilder constructor? I'd like to consider all my options.

Thanks,

~akb