SV: SV: [jdom-interest] Line numbers

Per Norrman pernorrman at telia.com
Thu Aug 28 13:55:01 PDT 2003

Well, my interpretation of the original question was that
it was desirable to be able to track *all* elements to their
respective source locations, not just those (the one) that caused
an exception.

A couple of years ago, I did some work for a larger telecom
company. In this case, all interfaces and interactions between
their network nodes was defined in a synthesized xml document, and
I were doing the synthesization stuff. I can see, in hindsight, because
of circumstances that I will not comment on here, that it would have
been useful to annotate the synthesized document elements with
original source line numbers.

May be a far fetched use case, but still a use case.

/pmn

uraddr at yourhost.com