[jdom-interest] jaxen/Jdom ? ancestor-or-self axis

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Fri Jun 6 00:08:42 PDT 2003

ancestor-or-self[@id='".concat(idref).concat("']

Laurent

Robert Koberg wrote:
> How do you get a List of ancestor-or-self Elements with XPath?
>
> I have tried:
>
> String str = "ancestor-or-self::*[@id='".concat(idref).concat("']");
> JDOMXPath xp = new JDOMXPath(str);
> return (List)xp.selectNodes(doc.getRootElement());
>
> I realize I recurse using getParent() and build the List, but was hoping to
> use XPath.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> -Rob

                  wWw
                 (o o)
-------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------------------
Laurent Bihanic                | Tel: +33 (0)1 55.91.21.93 (direct)
AtosOrigin Systems Integration |      +33 (0)1 55.91.20.00
e-Business / SC                | Fax: +33 (0)1 55.91.22.31
Les Miroirs - Bat. C           |
18, avenue d'Alsace            |
F-92926 La Defense Cedex       | E-mail: laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com

"Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question and the answer
  is no."

DISCLAIMER:
The opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily be
those of my employer.  Also, I am not now nor have I ever been a
lawyer.  My opinions are provided as-is with absolutely no warrantee of
merchantability or fitness for any particular use.  Besides, you can't
prove I typed this.  No body saw me type this.  Who says I typed this?