[jdom-interest] Include a PI when building a JDOM doc?

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Thu Mar 13 08:25:02 PST 2003

It probably is there but it's at the end. See the JDOM FAQ, it tells
you how to add it to the beginning.

Alex

>>> "Rob Mitchell" <rjmitchell at attbi.com> 3/13/2003 8:17:01 AM >>>

 ProcessingInstruction pi = new ProcessingInstruction("xml-stylesheet",
"type=\"text/xsl\" href=\"/ssi/TestExp.xsl\"");
 jdomDoc.addContent(pi);

But it still doesn't appear in the output

 XMLOutputter xmlOut = new XMLOutputter("  ", true);
 xmlOut.setTextNormalize(true);
 // if I uncomment next line, it appears fine
 //xmlOut.output(pi, response.getOutputStream());
 xmlOut.output(jdomDoc, response.getOutputStream());

Basically, my server is receiving an HTTP request, servicing the
request via a DB query and using those results to filter a static XML
doc (a periodic data extract) then using JDOM to produce an XML document
via a custom ContentHandler and SAX.

I then created an XSL stylesheet for the new JDOM doc

I then forward the HTTP request to a JSP that's declared to produce XML
output.

I want the response then handled by IE to render the XML/XSL into HTML

Everything works, except for putting the PI into the JDOM when the doc
is first created.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rob Mitchell
Base Class Technologies, Inc.
Java, WebSphere, Domino, Oracle, Web development
rjmitchell at attbi.com