[jdom-interest] jdom-b8 breaks b7,b6 behavior

Matt Futterman maf at csm.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 13 11:46:31 PST 2003

I am experiencing two problems.  Neither problem occurs
when I use build 7 or build 6.  In all cases I am using the
"out-of-the-box" version of jdom-jdk11.jar, although I
successfully built the b8 version with Sun's 1.1.8 compiler,
but with the exact same runtime results in both cases.

Problem 1
------------
Message #12344 reports the same problem I am having:

When I use jdom-jdk11.jar with a 1.3x or 1.4x JVM,
I get the following VerifyError:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jdom/ContentList$FilterList, method:
size sig
nature: ()I) Bad access to protected data
        at org.jdom.ContentList.getView(ContentList.java)
        at org.jdom.Element.getChildren(Element.java)
        at org.jdom.Element.getChildren(Element.java)
        at
csm.qaserver.messageclass.MessageClassSerializer.getSerializableObjec
ts(MessageClassSerializer.java:109)
        at
csm.qaserver.QAServerClientComm.getSerializableObjects(QAServerClient
Comm.java:316)
        at
csm.qaserver.QAServerClientComm.start(QAServerClientComm.java:98)
        at
csm.qaserver.QAServerObject$CommDispatcher.run(QAServerObject.java:42
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Problem 2
When I use jdom-jdk11.jar with the PersonalJava Emulation Environment,
(basically a 1.1.8 JVM) I get an OutOfMemoryError.

I apologize if these are known problems.  My search revealed a couple
reports of the first problem occurring, but no solutions.  Can anyone
help?

Thanks,
Matt