[jdom-interest] Is JDOM dying?

Malachi de AElfweald malachi at tremerechantry.com
Fri Mar 14 23:19:36 PST 2003

Not so...  As an example, I have a RemoteFilesystemModel, with
JFileChooser,
a JTree, etc etc...  They handle their own XML handling. They are also part
of a generic API.  One of the applications programmatically calls the root
directory to recursively call through the children who all create their own
elements. If they return null, they are not added. If not, then
curDir.addContent(childElem);

So, anotherwords, the namespace is not chosen until the addContent

So, you are probably thinking that the Filesystem itself should be in its
own Namespace, with the application having a different namespace. Can't do
that,
cuz the application has to add application-specific children to those
elements to
be passed to the C-server.

ANOTHERWORDS, there is no concept of which namespace it is in until it is
added to
the parent, which is perfectly valid for XML since child nodes are in the
same namespace
as the parent (by default, inheriting). Looking at the XML output (textual)
, the only way this can be done is by
not using any namespaces at all -- thus no validation.

Malachi