[jdom-interest] org.jdom.contrib.ids?

Alfredo Aldundi cheesy.ch at gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 15:44:35 PST 2003

I've just downloaded jdom-contrib and tried to use the
org.jdom.contrib.ids contribution. However, with the supplied test
program TestIds it does not work. I call:
 > java TestIds testIds.xml a
but TestIds reports that this id does not exist (however, it is clearly
in the testIds.xml file...). By the way, TestIds does not find a single
id in the document...

I tried to find out the attribute type of the name attribute. I found
out that the type is 0 (=UNDECLARED_ATTRIBUTE) and not 2
(=ID_ATTRIBUTE) as it should be. The name attribute is clearly defined
as type ID in the DTD. So I guess that this is not a problem of
org.jdom.contrib.ids (correct?). May it be that my XML parser does not
handle this correctly?

Has somebody experienced the same problems with org.jdom.contrib.ids
and/or attribute types? Or has someone found the cause for this problem
(xml parser, bug in org.jdom.contrib.ids, ...)?

Thanks!
Alfredo Aldundi