[jdom-interest] encoding problem converting XML document to string

William Krick wkrick at eio-online.com
Thu Nov 6 07:25:26 PST 2003

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, setTextNormalize isn't supported in my version of JDOM

What I really need is to go from human readable formatted XML
ASCII file to an XML string with no whitespace.

The steps in between are not really important to me.

I may end up having to skip the JDOM all together and just read the file a
line at a time, trim leading and trailing whitespace, and append it to a
string buffer.

Krick