[jdom-interest] compilation error

Sridhar Gopu sgopu2 at UKY.EDU
Mon Oct 20 16:15:39 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm new to JDOM and I'm facing a compilation error for the following files DVDManager.java and DVDHandler.java. These are the files from the following url,
http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/JDOM/application.html
The files are in the Resources section:
The code for all the examples in the article

The following are the list of compilation errors :

C:\jdom-b9\build\src>javac BuildAndListDocument.java
BuildAndListDocument.java:24: unreported exception java.io.IOException; must be caught or declared to be thrown
      Document doc = builder.build(filename);
                            ^
1 error

C:\jdom-b9\build\src>javac DVDManager.java
DVDManager.java:96: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SortTitle
location: class hansen.playground.DVDManager
      Collections.sort(dvds, new SortTitle());
                                 ^
DVDManager.java:104: cannot access org.jdom.DocType
bad class file: .\org\jdom\DocType.class
bad constant pool tag: 13 at 10
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
        outputter.output(doc, f);
                 ^
2 errors

C:\jdom-b9\build\src>javac DVDHandler.java
DVDHandler.java:76: cannot access org.jdom.DocType
bad class file: .\org\jdom\DocType.class
bad constant pool tag: 13 at 10
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
      outputter.output(doc, System.out);
               ^
1 error

It would be great, if you could please look at that example application and help me out.
I'm using Tomcat, jdom-b9 and java 1.4.1_03.
I'm very new to JDOM and it would be great if you u help me where to place the Java files for this application. Thanks for sparing your precious time.
I'll look forward for your response.

-sridhar.