[jdom-interest] Adding content to CDATA

New, Cecil (GEAE) cecil.new at ae.ge.com
Mon Sep 22 13:49:20 PDT 2003

The other choice is to "link" to it.  This is the approach taken by HTML
"containing" binary images.

XML is Unicode (8-bit ascii is handled internally as 16-bit unicode) and
nothing else.  Binary data can look like absolutely anything, including XML
tags.  So for many good reasons, XML cannot contain binary data.