[jdom-interest] Problem with CR/LF

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Sep 29 08:51:19 PDT 2003

At 3:23 AM +0200 9/29/03, Eric VERGNAUD wrote:
>Thanks, but - I know this is hopeless - wouldn't it be cool if we could have
>a tag to temporarily disable this "feature". This would be very useful when
>sending content that

No, it would be decidedly uncool. It would be horribly nonconformant
to the XXML spec and cause massive interoperability problems. If you
need to send data that uses carriage returns and linefeeds in a way
that will not be normalized, you can do it by using character
references. No fix is required.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
   http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA